Friday Films

In light of the film Secretariat coming out today (w/ Diane Lane and one of my fav. actors... John Malkovich!) I thought it would be timely to share this.

This is a portion of the ESPN Sports Century documentary on Secretariat (if you remember these they're the 50 greatest athletes docs). This one is powerfully and extremely well done. There are a couple mild profanities so I apologize for that in advance. But it gets me pumped.


A few months ago Kevin DeYoung posted this on his Gospel Coalition blog (linked on my blogroll) and this is what he said...

"While it’s not helpful to call a horse race a “miracle” it is true that God made Secretariat and God made him fast. We should delight in that."

"I can’t help but think as I watch the commentators above that all of us are wired for transcendence. We long to be in the presence of something or someone great. That’s why witnessing a once in a lifetime horse run faster than any horse had ever run can make grown men and women cry. We delight in greatness, especially greatness that is pure and without pretension."

John Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram