Do Muslims & Christians Worship the Same God?

If you're a Christian talking to a Muslim about faith, or a Muslim talking to a Christian, one easy way to ease the tension is to say, "We both worship the same God." This also applies to Hindus, Buddhists, Mormon's, etc.

I've heard this said in numerous conversations that I've had with some Muslim friends and I've even agreed with it in the past.

But the clear answer to the question of the title of this post is "NO." It is never right to say that Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Mormons, or anyone else from another religion worships the same God as Christians - the God revealed in the Bible.

There are many reasons I could give you to support why this is so, but the most decisive one is the fact that a god removed from the person of Jesus Christ is no God at all - and certainly not the God of Christianity revealed in the Bible.

"He who rejects me rejects Him who sent me." - Luke 10:16

"For in Christ all the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form." - Colossians 2:9

"I and the Father are one." - John 10:30

"I am the way the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Any religion that rejects the truth of Jesus Christ as God (aka the deity of Christ) rejects God Himself because God Himself is one God in three persons - Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit. A rejection of any of the three persons of the Trinity is a rejection of God Himself.

As Christians we must never say that Muslims (or persons of any other faith) and Christians worship the same God because we worship Jesus Christ as God.



John Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram