Friday Films

I've decided to start a new weekly post called Friday Films. This is just something to change things up a bit. Movies have always been a passionate hobby of mine. I think films resonate with each one of us so much because we're inherently drawn in by a good story and by the depiction of good vs evil. Every good story in some way mirrors the ultimate story in the Bible of Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Reconciliation. For this reason I personally enjoy films with a great story, very little special effects, and stellar acting. So each Friday I'll post a recommendation, review, or something to that effect.

If you haven't seen it let me recommend to you a little-known movie from 1986 entitled Lady Jane. My wife and I enjoy watching period pieces together so we picked this up on a whim one night from Blockbuster because we couldn't find anything else we wanted. It turned out to be fantastic... one of my favorite chick flicks of all time! The acting is very good (not amazing) but what really stands out here is the story. It flows well and keeps you interested the entire time. The reason I liked it so much is it centers around a young woman passionate about learning who has taken it upon herself to read the Bible and interpret for herself how she feels God is calling men and women to come to Christ rather than relying on church tradition to tell her so.

Also you'll recognize plenty of actors and actresses from newer films...




John Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram