Our Son Owen


Well it's official. At 2:00 am yesterday morning (3/11/11) our little boy Owen was born. He was four weeks early but fully developed and healthy and already 7 lbs 8 oz. What a blessing from God!

There are a couple things I've done that I thank God for being so gracious and giving me the alertness to remember in a crazy time like this...
  • I started journaling Wed. night about the whole process and have made multiple entires daily. I know we all will love reading these 20 years from now.
  • We were very blessed to get a digital camera with video recording for Christmas. I captured a video of the little guy crying about a minute after he was born! I'll cherish that forever.
  • We've been taking a picture of every person that comes to visit holding the little guy (we got this idea from two friends of ours who had a little girl in December). We'll always remember our friends sharing in this crazy but joyful few days!
More than that there have been a few moments that have just been so precious I think they'll stick out in my mind forever...
  • Jen had to have a C-section so she was out when the docs were working on her. She couldn't feel a thing and was sleeping through it. But when Owen came he cried and she instinctively woke up and became alert. Right away I locked eyes with my beautiful wife and we both, for the first time, realized God had blessed us with a baby boy of our own. I cried... a lot. This has been my favorite moment so far.
  • Yesterday evening the little guy opened his eyes for the first time and I got to spend the next 30 minutes just holding him while we looked at each other. That was special for this new dad.
  • At 5 am this morning Jen and I finally had some time where we prayed over Owen. We prayed for his life, his salvation, his future wife (Lord willing), and his future calling. We prayed for grace as God and Owen teach us how to be parents. And we prayed that God would help us to spend regular time with Owen in prayer and in the Word. Then I got to read the first 5 Psalms to him. That put him to sleep.

BTW... I've included one infant picture of both my wife and myself and one of Owen!

John Davis

1 comment:

  1. Super cute little guy! Congrats to both of you! I love the fact that you prayed over your little guy :) I know I always dream of the giants God will conquer using my son, I know you dream the same for your little guy! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram